The Podium Wheel Base DD1 shares the same technology as the DD2, with up to 20 Nm of torque.
THE DEFINITIVE DIRECT DRIVE SYSTEM.
Podium wheel bases use an outrunner-type motor engineered from the ground-up specifically for sim racing. Instead of using a random industrial motor, our custom motors are tailored without compromise for sim racing. Outstanding acceleration, ultra-low cogging, and exceptional holding torque performance results in a driving experience unlike any other.
GERMAN DESIGN WITH UP TO 5 YEAR WARRANTY.
Using the same core components as the DD2, the Podium Wheel Base DD1 is engineered with German precision and built to last for many years. This is the last wheel base you’ll ever need!
Direct Drive Without The Hassle
The result of decades of experience developing sim racing hardware, the Podium Wheel Base DD1 is a fully certified, plug-and-play system.
WIRELESS DATA AND POWER
The endless rotation of our direct drive motor inspired the development of a unique solution to transfer data and power to the wheel inputs and displays wirelessly. This means no USB cables are flying around which can easily get damaged and make it difficult to let the wheel spin in a drift.
FULLY CERTIFIED, PLUG AND PLAY
The Podium DD1 is the first plug-and-play direct drive wheel base, featuring integrated electronics within the main housing. It’s as easy to set up as our CSL and ClubSport series products. Rigorous EMI and ESD testing ensures stability and longevity.
Ready for the future.
Fully compatible with the existing Fanatec ecosystem, the Podium Wheel Base DD1 now includes the QR2 Base-Side (Type-M).
NOW WITH QR2.
The QR2 Base-Side (Type-M) is a motorsport-grade quick release system, fully CNC-machined from a single block of billet aluminium.
The display is used for accessing detailed Tuning Menu settings (adjustable while you drive), but also includes features for advanced users, showing real-time motor and force feedback data. Intelligent Telemetry Mode (ITM) is also available, displaying telemetry data from a sim (lap times, race position, fuel level, and more) when supported.
- Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the first direct drive motor optimised for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 20Nm, matching the torque output in most real race cars using power steering.
- Motor acceleration and speed remains at the highest level, even with heavy steering wheels.
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions and the same smooth experience as in a belt driven wheel.
- Wireless QR technology: Wireless transfer of data (infra-red) and power (inductive coupling) between the motor and quick release means no external cables between wheel base and steering wheel, and no need for batteries inside the wheel.
- Rotation: 2520 degrees (electronically limited, adjustable).
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display for Tuning Menu, real-time motor and force feedback data, and Intelligent Telemetry Mode (FanaLabsoftware required).
- Standard Tuning Menu allows beginners to get started quickly without having to worry about settings.
- Advanced Tuning Menu allows enthusiasts to fine-tune the force feedback characteristics to suit their driving preferences.
- Support for advanced dual clutch bite-point mode.
- Integrated electronics within wheel base housing, no external control box required.
- The electronics ensure extremely low latency to provide immediate feedback from racing simulators.
- Fully certified with CE, FCC, C-Tick, ROHS and all other certificates required by law, ensuring that this product does not interfere with other electronic devices.
- Torque Key allows user to lock/unlock the DD1’s full performance.
- All existing and upcoming Fanatec peripherals fully supported.
- Choose from a growing selection of Fanatec steering wheels in many different styles and price/quality levels.
- Firmware can be updated with new features.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- Ultra-low latency due to integrated electronics and highest quality components.
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel.
- Mount for ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles and other optional accessories.
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake.
- All-Aluminium housing.
- Exchangeable brushed aluminium cover plates.
- Supports Fanatec 3-hole mounting pattern (bottom mounting) and side mounting. Hard mounting to a cockpit is highly recommended due the high amount of torque.
- Full Fanatec SDK support ensures game compatibility out of the box for all major racing games across all platforms.
- Combines with FanaLab software for PC.
- Connect external devices to network for displaying telemetry data like speed, lap times, brake temperatures, tachometers and more.
- Support for major PC racing simulators
- Control your Upgraded Fanatec Tuning Menu settings and presets directly from the software.
- Save game-specific settings to PC software, which will be applied when the game is launched.
- New FFB tuning features, e.g. speed-sensitive dampening.
- Motorsport grade QR2 Base-Side (Type-M) preinstalled (QR1 downgrade option available soon).
- 3 year warranty.
- Optional 5 year warranty.
- PC: This wheel base is compatible with PC in combination with all available Fanatec steering wheels.
- Xbox®: This wheel base becomes compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S when used with any Fanatec Xbox-licensed steering wheel.
- PlayStation®: This product is not compatible with any PlayStation® console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- All Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels (QR1 Wheel-Side required)
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- RennSport Cockpit V2 (sold after Q4 2017)
- ClubSport Table Clamp V2
- Not suitable for children. A Direct Drive Wheel Base is not a toy! The fast movements of the steering wheel and strong torque can be dangerous. Please read the safety instructions.
- QR2 Base-Side (Type-M) is preinstalled. A QR1 Base-Side (Type-M) downgrade option will be available soon.
- Dimensions (L x W x H) 51cm x 26cm x 28cm
- Weight 13kg
- Volume weight 15kg
- Podium Wheel Base DD1 with QR2 preinstalled
- Torque Key
- Quick guide
- Power supply with EU & UK plugs
- USB cable